This is how to use your TouchUpDirect Touch Up Brush Applicator. Follow these instructions to achieve best results using a Touch Up Brush.
- Shake well.
- Hold the container with the black brush cap pointing up. Twist cap to open container.
- Remove excess paint by lightly dragging the brush along the inside opening as you remove it from the container.
- Apply evenly over the damaged area. Allow to dry for 15 minutes. Do not apply paint to undamaged, existing paint.
- Repeat step 4 until the repair area is evenly and thoroughly covered, usually 2-3 coats. If your color is a tricoat, repeat step 4 using the applicator labeled “Midcoat”, also for 2-3 coats.
- Screw cap on tightly when finished. Make sure the cap is secured well to ensure proper storage of the brush before your next use.
Paint is best applied in temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not apply in direct sunlight.
Before any touch up paint project, always test your color with the included test card. Apply the color and clearcoat onto the test card using the directions above. Compare the color applied on the test card with the color on the vehicle to be painted. If the colors match, proceed with painting. If the colors do not match, stop and contact us immediately.