This is how to use your TouchUpDirect Aerosol Spray Can. Follow these instructions to achieve the best results using an Aerosol Spray Can.
- Shake well. Periodically shake between sprays.
- Aim can in a safe direction, away from anything that should not be painted. Test spray the can 1-2 times with a quick spray to clear the nozzle and ensure the can is functioning properly.
- Holding can 6-8 inches from the face of the area to be painted, begin spraying your first pass 1-2 inches before the actual area to be painted. Continue holding the spray trigger for 1-2 inches past the area to be painted.
- Using the same technique as the previous pass, continue to apply strokes of paint until the surface is evenly covered. Overlap the previous pass by 50% to ensure thorough coverage.
- Apply 2-3 coats using the same methods as steps 3 & 4. Let paint dry for 15-30 minutes between coats.
- If your color is a tricoat, repeat step 5 using the applicator labeled “Midcoat”, also for 2-3 coats. Let paint dry for 15-30 minutes between coats.
- When finished aim can in a safe direction, hold can upside down and spray 2-3 quick bursts to clear nozzle.
Paint is best applied in temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not apply in direct sunlight. Before any touch up paint project, always test your color with the included test card. Apply the color and clearcoat onto the test card using the directions above. Compare the color applied on the test card with the color on the vehicle to be painted. If the colors match, proceed with painting. If the colors do not match, stop and contact us immediately