Please note that all of our colorcoats are pre-reduced and ready to spray.
Thoroughly hand stir all colorcoats prior to application.
Fluid Tip Recommendations
- 1.2 – 1.6 mm
- Not required. Paint is ready for use.
Spray Pressure Suggestions
- Urethane & Waterborne Base Color: Spray gun pressures will vary by manufacturer. Generally 28-30 PSI for an HVLP gun will work.
- Waterborne Effect Coat for metallic and pearls: Dial air pressure down to ½ of what you used to spray. Apply a final light coat. This removes any mottling or unevenness in pearls and metallics.
- 3-5 hours
- Waterborne Base Color: 5-10 minutes or until it has dried to a matte finish - Final coat flash off 20-30 minutes
- Urethane Base Color: 5-10 minutes or until dry. Final coat flash off 20-30 minutes.
Drying Times at 70 °F
- Handling: Approximately 15 – 20 minutes
- Time to tape: 10 – 15 minutes
- Dry to apply clear: 15 minutes minimum
- Denibbing - Dry sand with 1000 grit to remove and small dirt nibs. Recoat with color.
- If allowed to dry for 24 hours before applying clear, an additional colorcoat must be applied. Maximum recoat time is 48 hours.
Note: Temperature, humidity, air movement and film build will all affect dry times. Best results are achieved with increased temperature and air movement and minimal film build.