Our Scratch & Chip Putty is created for all those moments where the damage is too deep to paint over. When your car has pits, holes, or deep scratches, fill the gaps with TouchUpDirect Scratch & Chip Putty before you start painting. No mixing or difficult or complicated procedures involved, simply squeeze the putty out onto the spreader we provide.
- Put on a pair of protective gloves and wipe away any loose paint, grease rust or dirt.
- Squeeze putty onto the spreader. Once that is done, apply putty to the scratch or chip. Close container immediately after use.
- Use the spreader to smooth the area and remove excess putty. Wait 30 minutes to dry.
- Wet sand with sandpaper and water.
- Apply primer to the damaged area before painting.
- The final finish should be smooth and blended evenly with the surrounded area.