The colorcoat is the actual color you are painting. Colorcoat is not a good filler, and it is not recommended to apply more than 2-3 coats.
The TUD Colorcoat will not appear correct until both paint has dried and clearcoat has been applied. Use the test card (included with each order) prior to doing the actual repair so that you can check your color first and have practice on applying the paint.
- Clean the entire vehicle or part with soap and water to remove surface dirt. Be sure to rinse and dry the surface thoroughly. Remove any remaining contaminants by lightly wiping the area with the TUD Wax and Grease Remover.
- Tape off the area to be painted. This will help protect the area around the damage while applying paint.
- Use a soft cloth to prime the tip of the Touch Up Pen Colorcoat. Carefully depress the tip until it is saturated with color. This will take 30-60 seconds.
- Prior to the first coat, and between all additional coats, using the TUD Tack Cloth is recommended. Lightly dab the colorcoat onto the area to be painted. Do not use a drawing or rubbing motion as if using a marker; simply dab the color on. Cover the area thoroughly and allow it to dry for 15 minutes between coats. Repeat this process applying 2-3 coats of colorcoat or until the area is covered.
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes before applying the clearcoat.